Monday, May 4, 2015

Today's Daily Wisdom

I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have not I hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord: and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.” Psa 32:5

David simplified the whole situation…”my bad Lord.”  Unfortunately Adam & Eve, as well as we today, fail when it comes to our accountability in the Lord.  Adam blamed his wife, Eve blamed the serpent and we blame anyone other than ourselves.  The excuses are just as rampant today as it was in the Garden, societies blame governments, ethnic groups blame each other, individuals blame authorities; our own government can’t get along amongst the parties.  We have a massive social media entity that seems focused on one agenda, to attack, blame and discredit individuals for the problems in our society.  We even have criminals who get a voice justifying their crimes at the victims’ expense.  Our culture features this out-of-control blame game mindset.  We’re trying to define our saint-hood by counting others sins. Our culture is not interested in truth or accountability because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.  David’s prayer was during a time of great distress, and while seeking God’s wisdom and deliverance he starts with his own iniquity. If one wants change for the better, they better start changing themselves by acknowledging their own iniquity to the Lord before testifying of others. 

Your life will only change to the degree you claim responsibility to it!


HSAY…Todd 

No comments:

Post a Comment