Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Daily Wisdom

Psa 141:5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be ab excellent oil which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.”

David’s Psalm comes in a time of trial, both spiritual and physical (1 Sam 24:1-7). In spite of his circumstances, David illustrates for us the importance of conduct amidst such trials in our life. The Psalm calls for God’s protection from the enemy, but also seeks humility in the circumstances. He acknowledges that a righteous (just, Godly brethren) smite and rebuke is in kindness, and would be as an anointing oil protecting him not crushing him. Nobody likes criticism, especially amidst trials but everybody can benefit from it when it’s given wisely and taken humbly. David sees it as Helpful, not hurtful… takes it in Humility, not in haste, and he refuses to Harbor hate: “my prayer also shall be in their calamities.” Learning this as David did allows criticism to become productive rather than destructive in one’s life, no matter how it was intended. I never had a trial I wanted to have, but when humbled I never had a trial I wasn’t glad I had.

Trials are like a hammer pounding a nail, it only drives you deeper into your faith.


HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment