Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Daily Wisdom


Psalm 101… Perfect Heart

In Psa 101:2, we see David seeking God for a “perfect heart” in two areas, his Behavior and his Walk. Yet, David uses two different words for perfect in the Hebrew, (taw-meem’) meaning “truth” in his behavior, and (tome’) meaning innocence in his walk.   

David’s prayer in (vs 2a) “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way” meaning to act in the truth of God’s Word. (3 Jn 1:4 “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.”). David goes on in (vs 2b) “I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.” Meaning to walk in innocence, not only upon the public throne, but also in the privacy of his house/life. (Pro 10:9 “He that walks uprightly, walks surely…”); uprightly is the same H/word (tome’) for perfect in (vs 2b).

One can speak with spiritual eloquence and maintain a holy appearance… but it is our behavior and our walk that will reveal our true character… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment