Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Daily Wisdsom

O my people, what have I done unto thee? And wherein have I wearied thee? Testify against me.” Micah 6:3

O my people” – these tender words are repeated again in vs 5; within are contained a volume of reproof.  He claims, we are by His creation, providence, deliverance, love, guardianship, miracles and grace His children; such things He has done for us; what do we have against Him? His commandments are not grievous (1 Jn 5:3). Isaiah paints a heavy picture that is often our relationship with God, wherein we impose our expectations in lieu of His will.  Exerts from Isa 43:22-24 “But thou hast called unto me, but thou hast been weary of me; I have not caused thee to serve with an offering; thou hast brought me nothing; but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.” We must be every so quick and consistent to bring into subjection a heart of humility and reason with ourselves, remembering God’s favor and mercy (vs 5) and compare them with our unworthy and ungrateful conduct towards Him. Such a question should be fearful to come about; “where have I wearied thee?” God sends no one away hunger, except those who are full of themselves.

“Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.”


HSAY…Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment