Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Daily Wisdom

Lord, make me know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am. And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.” Psa 39: 4; 7

David clearly expresses life is short no matter how long life is, making what we choose to invest our time/life in of great importance. You can choose to invest your life in any manner you want, but you can only invest it once. David understood the mortality of life; he was not searching God for a date of his end. But, rather a desire to be more understanding and less focused on the external happiness around him and more focused on the eternal promises before him. By focusing on the eternality of God David acknowledges that, the help of man is altogether vanity as well; riches and honour are fading, perishing things.  It’s the promised glory of heaven, and the enjoyment of the Lord himself, both in this life and that which is promised, that causes him to proclaim “what wait I for? my hope is in thee” and making God the object of his hope and his investments of great importance. You can’t go back on life and start over, but you can start now and make a new ending.

You’ll never know who and what you are, until you know who and what Christ is.


HSAY…Todd   

No comments:

Post a Comment