Saturday, April 8, 2017

Daily Wisdom

Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?” Psa 56:8

I catch myself often drawn to this scripture amazed in God’s willingness to be so attentive to my heart that he willfully catches the tears of pain and burden that can flow from it. The scripture alludes to "lachrymatories", or tear bottles, in which surviving relatives dropped their tears for their deceased friends, and buried them with their ashes, or in their urns. For God this is not limited to funeral tears, rather God takes notice of David's afflictions and troubles, which had caused so many tears, and remembers them, and delivers him out of them. These tears in which God gathers are like a spiritual scrapbook of our life. Meaning he lived every moment with us, recorded and recording every thought, feeling we endure, and they are as valuable to him as to us. It’s humbling to know God sees every tear we shed, whether it’s in joy or sorrow. He sees the joy, happiness, pain, sorrow and our anxieties. And even our loneliness “.... I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” (Mt 28:20), and abandonment by others “for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” (Heb 13:5). Know how much God cares and has invested, he knows our “wanderings” and he knows and feels every tear. I hope I’m sensitive and humble enough to allow God to use my life is such a way, even through the pain, that every page of my scrapbook tells a story of his great faithfulness, deliverance and promised hope.

Those who fall the hardest bounce back the highest when God’s involved.

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment