Monday, May 21, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Gen 45:5Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.”

Amazingly, what was considered an orchestrated loss of Jacob’s youngest son (Joseph) at the hand of his jealous brothers, was in reality a provision of grace on God’s part to preserve the future of a nation… for “where sin abounds, grace does much more abound” (Rom 5:20).

Grace, by definition, is an “undeserved blessing” that is freely bestowed upon us by God whenever we accept His solutions to our failures. Point being: Grace doesn’t start with us; it starts with God! Thus, grace is not earned or merited, but is freely and lovingly given to those who come to God by “faith” (Eph 2:8-9). God says, “I’ve got something for you that you don’t deserve, but if you’ll give me the “last say” in your life, I’ll bestow it upon you.”

Grace is what we should all strive for as believers. Jesus replied to Paul’s prayer telling him: “My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness, for when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Cor 12:9-10). This is not a new principle, mind you, but a prominent theme in both the Old & new Testaments.

Our theme should be: Grace has carried me here… and by God’s grace I’ll carry on!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment