Monday, May 7, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Psalm 40:1-2 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”

The clearest of statement concerning God’s purpose for one’s life can be summed up as follows: “Your Patience with God determines His purpose with you.”

David said, “I waited patiently for the Lord…” and in so doing, the Lord was inclined to:
·         deliver David from his pit
·         set David’s feet upon solid ground
·         established David’s path going forward
·         place a song of praise and hope in his heart (vs 3)

Clearly, a little patience with the Lord goes a long way!  A little waiting (Isa 40:31) on our part means God will eventually wait on us (Lk 12:37).

We can learn this from Job. Once Job found his peace in being patient in the Lord’s will, and started to pray for his friends, the Lord restored twice what Job had lost (Job 42:10).

Btw, don’t do as others often do and pout while being patience! Simply learn to wait on the Lord while serving the Lord’s purpose.

Remember: Anyone can say they love the Lord… but not everyone can wait and prove it’s true.

What we are, have been, and intend to be is shown more in our patience in God, than any other virtue (Ecc 7:8).

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment