Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Isa 40:31  “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” 

Waiting often goes against what I naturally and emotionally do. My natural inclination is to step on the gas and beat the yellow light, or partial red sometimes!

Waiting is difficult because we equate it with inactivity. But waiting, the Greek word (kaw-vaw) meaning to twist or bind together, describes a relationship that is inseparable. Meaning that if God is patient in His purpose with us then we are to be patient in Him.

The implication is that we are waiting and watching with expectation towards God’s greater will.

During these periods of waiting, God is often refueling and refining me for His purpose. Everything around me needs to be refueled cars need gas, bodies sleep, cell phone recharged. So, why can’t this be the case with my spiritual life as well?

What may seem like inactivity may be the period in which God is doing the greatest of activity.  From my perspective it may be a difficult time for me but very purposeful from The Father’s.

I must understand, no matter what I’m able to accomplish by moving forward in the flesh it will pale in comparison to what God can do through His Spirit and timing.

Patience is the companion of wisdom.

HSAY… Todd  

No comments:

Post a Comment