Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Col 3:2 “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”

 If you’ve been around young children, you quickly realize how much they live in the present.

They have difficulty realizing the future consequences of their actions. Yet, as a follower of Jesus I can be just like a young child who gets focused on the here and now, focused on living in the tangible present and forget the spiritual promise of tomorrow.  

Paul encourages the church of Colosse of this, don’t get hyper-focused on the problems of today but rather focused on the promises of tomorrow.  

Such a truth requires a different perspective on our temporal lives. To “set our affections on things above” requires me to look at every situation in my life from God’s perspective and not through my personal feelings.

This provides the antidote for life’s situations; allowing me to take a proper view from God’s perspective and helping me not to act or re-act in the present but in the spiritual.

This isn’t easy but can have an immediate impact on the here and now.

(vs   5-10) … I get out of the flesh and into the spiritual
(vs 12-13) … I can learn humility, meekness, forgiveness
(vs 14-15) … I can learn to respond in love and peace
(vs 16-17) … I can learn to be grateful during life’s challenges

I’ll never learn to help change the world if I’m living like the world, be a world changer not chaser.

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment