Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Daily Wisdom

 Jere 1:16 ‘And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.’

While this warning is about Judah and Jerusalem’s eventual fall to Babylon in (586 BC), we too must be cautious in our thoughts of good fortune. Be cautious in looking to your own hands as worthy praise. The only hands worth praising are the nailed scarred hands of Jesus! (Psa 90:17 ‘And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us.’). Our hands are to be lifted in praise and offering to the Lord’s use, not for ours (Psa 134:2).

My hands have possessed many things, of which I’ve lost them all; but whatever I placed in God’s hands, I still possess… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment