Monday, March 13, 2017

Daily Wisdom

O Lord thou hast searched me, and known me. When I awake, I am still with thee Psa 139:1; 18

Jesus wants you to know what he knows. That while you struggle at times in life, he knows and has known every struggle and plight you’ve faced, and the depths of your needs. And no matter how far away or into something you’ve wondered or have been hurt he knows. Consider the conversation Jesus possibly had with his disciples concerning such, maybe something like this: “When you meet that poor wretch who thrust that spear into my side, tell him there is a better way, to come at my heart, if he will repent and look upon whom has pierced. And I will cherish him in the very heart he wounded; he shall find that the very blood he shed an ample atonement for the sin of shedding it. And tell him he will put me in more pain and displeasure by refusing the offering of my blood, than when he drew it.”  Such a response is the answer when you ask yourself, what do I have going for me when everything's against me? What will not fail you when what you thought was solid and real collapses beneath you? This experience is inevitable. You don’t have to go looking for it, it will find you. God himself has it written into your life (Jm 1:8). But when this happens you’re forced to ask the question: What can I count on, when I can’t count on anything else?  Psalm 139 shows us such an answer. When David found himself in that catastrophic place, he dug to the deepest foundation of his existence, and this is the bedrock he stood upon. (vss 1-6) God, you know me.  (vss 7-12) God, you are with me.  (vss 13-18) God, you have made me. The Psalm hinges on vs 18b ‘when I awake, i am still with thee.” David awoke to his contemplations to realize while they come and go, God has never left him! And while he awoke and returned to the real world where nothing has changed, he had changed with the renewing and knowledge that the Lord is immutable, and never changes from being there for you. In the Psalm the Lord uses the word “know” six-times which is the Hebrew word “Yada” meaning intimacy. The strongest form of knowing someone or something, which is you!  He wants you to know that he is always there, whether you know it or not!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment