Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Daily Wisdom

Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil… At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me… Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.” 2 Tim 4:14-18

Paul shares with Timothy in the closing of his epistles three profiles he, as well as all of us will be faced with while in defence of our faith.  Know that this is nothing new for one’s faith, it has been dealt with by Christians for generations. 1.) A Strong Enemy, while Alexander may have been a friend at one time, Paul was now in need of warning Timothy about him. Alexander “greatly withstood” the words of Paul, and made it personal in attack. Which Paul said: “the Lord reward him according to his works.”  2.) Weak Friends, Paul said, “no man stood with me,” With his testimony and life on the line, and in need of support and strength his friends faded away. To stand up for Paul was too costly for those with a faint-heart.  Yet, Paul like our Lord  in his compassion said: “I pray God that it may not be laid against them.” (Lk 23:34). 3.) A Strong Friend, While appearing Paul was forced to stand alone, the Lord stood with him as he faced his accusers. While not physically, every bit as much powerfully.  Paul knew the presence of the Lord was there, prompting Paul to assuredly proclaim, “Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me” and declaring he was delivered from the mouth of the lion.  You’ll always encounter three personalities in your life, a true foe, a want-to-be friend and the promised Saviour Jesus Christ! And only one matters when it comes to your needed strength to live for Christ, rest assured he is there to stand before you.

The enemy fights the hardest when it knows the Lord is hard at work in you.

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment