Thursday, November 1, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Exo 15:2  “The LORD is my strength and song…”
Eph 6:10  “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”

It’s no secret that in this day and age, life is fast-paced and demanding. It’s not uncommon to feel overwhelmed with all we have to do and the little time in which we have to do it.

To make matters worse, we all carry guilt from our sins, feel stressed by the demands of life around us, and may even be struggling physically or emotionally.

Yet when we struggle, we shouldn’t focus on our feelings and problems but on the faithfulness and power of God.

Some of the most comforting words in the Bible come from Mt 11:28. Jesus says, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Notice, Jesus offers us His yoke. This means that work is still required of us, but it’s much easier with His help than it is all alone. Often, we labor in life utilizing the wrong resources to address life and our burdens. Like trying to carry a load of bricks with a one-handle wheelbarrow.

So, we get frustrated and just pray for the Lord to move the load for us and all the while He wants us to carry the load but with His strength and power.  

God promises us the strength to overcome anything (Phl 4:13). In Psa 23, David says, “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul…”

If God can turn darkness into day, He can turn a burden into a blessing.

In the most ragging storms there is still peace in the soul for those who harness the right yoke!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment