Monday, November 26, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Rom 15:13  “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.”

In a multitude of conversations, I partake in throughout a day, I’m taking back how often I here the words “I hope.”  Two simple words spoken with the biggest of desire.

In John Newton’s lyrics to “Amazing Grace,” he wrote in the fourth stanza: “The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be, as long as life endures.”

My hope can’t be placed in temporal situations, but only in the eternal promises of the Father.

Life is filled with disappointment. However, my hope isn’t meant to be placed in imperfect temporal things, but in that which cannot be shaken, the character of the loving Father (Rom 8:15-16)

Succumbing to disappointment occurs when I mistakenly placed my emotional hope in the care of something that can’t promise to deliver no matter it’s best intentions.

But I have this promised hope in my Father who can never fail in meeting ever need I have and ministers a hope that strengthens me to abound in the joy and peace He’s promised me.

Does your hope help or hurt others find theirs?

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment