Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Isa 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?” 

What imagery… that all of creation, from me to the vastness of the heavens and everything in between, can fit into the hollow of God’s hand.

Ch. 40 of Isaiah describes God’s power to create, His provision to sustain, and His presence to help.

The Lord is encouraging His children that even though they were in captivity in Babylon, know that Babylon is likewise still in the hollow of His hand.

And thus promises “He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arms, and carry them in his bosom…” (vs 11)

Showing me that nothing can be likened to Him (vs 25), yet I can quickly limit my understanding of His glory and might when I compare Him to what I experience on earth.

Point being: I must not define God through my life, but rather define my life through God.

More imagery… He challenges us concerning who can view this celestial globe and the heavens and not be astonished by its vastness. And (vs 12) says the Lord meted (measured) heaven with the just the breadth of His hand.

We must not be foolish and self-discouraging to equate God’s sufficient ability to provide for our needs by measuring the size of our burden before us to our immeasurable God! (Eph 3:17-20)

The cross shows the serious of my sin, but it also shows me the immeasurable love of God.

Don’t limit what is limitless by doubt!

HSAY… Todd   

No comments:

Post a Comment