Thursday, December 13, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Isa 42:6 “I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations.”

These verses are quoted in (Mt 12:18-21) referencing our serving Savior, Christ!

And like Jesus, we too are called to righteousness in Him (2 Cor 5:21).

Revealing a character of gentleness, encouragement, justice, and truth.

When you feel broken and bruised or burned out in your spiritual life, God won't step on you (vss 3 a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench”) or toss you aside (vs 4He will not grow faint or be discouraged”) as useless, but will gently pick you up.

God's loving attributes are desperately needed in the world today. Through God's Spirit, we can show such compassion and light to those around us, reflecting God's goodness and hope to them.

Point being: I can only be a light of righteousness if my switch is turned.

This requires me to take off my own worldly garments before I can put on Christ’s robe of righteousness.

In doing so, I can fulfill God’s purpose (vs 7 to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.”) … (Acts 26:18)

Two ways of spreading light: be the candle or a mirror that reflects it.

Darkness can only exist when there is an absence of light (Jn 1:5).     

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment