Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Isa 28:16  “Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.”

We’re familiar with the lyrics of The Solid Rock “On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,” 

The leadership (magistrates) of Jerusalem had become self-reliant and more so self-righteous in their efforts to lead and establish judgement and lulled themselves asleep in carnal security (vs 15).

Stating they had made a covenant not established upon the cornerstone God provided in Christ.

If I can’t stand firm in my faith, I won’t stand at all. (Isa 7:9)

God illustrates in (vs 20) “For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.” Clarifying my personal resources are and will prove unreliable to shelter me.

Man’ effort of self-righteousness and self-reliance, will prove to be self-deceptive; one can never be at peace, safe and of comfort. The bed is too short, the covering is too narrow.

Like Adam and Eve’s fig leaves, the same of their nakedness will still appear.

Our faith does not make things easy, it makes them possible.

Resting assured that despite what is shifting around me, if I’m standing on “The Solid Rock” I’ll find peace, safety and comfort in my circumstances.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment