Monday, January 14, 2019

Daily Wisdom


HEARKEN TO me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged” Isa 51:1

In Gen 12 God the Father blessed Abraham. Making him a great nation, and his name great because Abraham was willing to hearken to the Lord.

Yet it required Abraham to move in darkness concerning the Lord’s will for him.

But this is the promise of the Lord to protect and deliver me, by way of His goodness. (Jer 29:11), even when I must walk in darkness.

This encouragement requires me to Hearken, Hebrew meaning to hear attentively.

Job’s choice to listen to his friends rather than turning to the Lord only added to his spiritual demise.

Point being: that which I chose to listen to, I’m apt to learn from.

The Lord called only one in Abraham, and yet He made a great spiritual nation that lives and thrives today in His promises.

The blessings that arises out of my life will be determined by who and what I choose to hearken to.

Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.” Pro 8:32

What has your ear? Encouragement can be in error if we choose to hearken to worldly wisdom!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment