Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Daily Wisdom


I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die…” Isa 51:12

The Israelite’s feared the power of Babylon greater than the promise of God.

In 1933 Roosevelt, amidst the U.S. depression, stated: “we have nothing to fear but fear itself!”

Fear traumatizes and paralyzes creating a desire to avoid or escape a present situation.

Fear is an ever-present emotion; real or imagined. It’s unrealistic to think we can live without fear.

Psa 56:3-4 says, “When I am afraid, I trust in God…” (it doesn’t say “if”, but “When”)

It arises when we feel helpless in a given situation.

As God’s children we must learn to walk from fear to faith, and the loving arms of our Father!

David faced such a fear in (Psa 27), having enemies desiring to devour his flesh (vs 2).

But David’s words in (vs 3) changed the direction of his circumstances from fear to faith.

Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” (Psa 27:3)

David understood the promises of his heavenly Father and found comfort in his fear.

We often feed our fear with false assumptions, thus starving our faith in the same manner.

Courage is not a man who doesn’t feel afraid, but he who feels assured in God’s promised comfort.

Faith or Fear, one brings comfort and the other concern… but the one that flourishes depends on which one you feed! 

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment