Thursday, April 1, 2021

Daily Wisdom

 ‘The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Psa 118:6

On Thursday, the night before Jesus was crucified, he ate a holy meal and sang a holy song with his disciples. It was “the day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb” (Mk 14:12). Jesus and his disciples ate lamb and unleavened bread; they prayed and sang (Mt 26:30). But Jesus wasn’t going through the motions on this Thursday night; he was preparing the last Lamb for slaughter by singing from (Psalm 113-118). Here are four Psalm melodies from the music of Maundy Thursday, as Jesus prepared His soul for desertion, denial, and death. 

Jesus blessed the Lord – 

     Psa 113: ‘Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and  forevermore!”

Jesus looked forward to the cross – 

     Psa 116:8-9 ‘You have delivered my soul from death… I will walk in the land of the living.’

Jesus lifted His cup –

     Psa 116:13-14 ‘I will lift my cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord…’

Jesus embraced the Father’s triumph – 

     Psa 118:6-7 ‘… the Lord is on my side… I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.’

Where words fail, the Psalm’s can speak of the Praise, Power and Promise we have in Jesus… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment