Thursday, April 8, 2021

Daily Wisdom

 "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." Isa 48:10

These words offer us comfort and hope in the faithfulness of our Lord. Like a soft shower diminishing the fury of the flame, let affliction come - God has chosen me. Poverty may stride at my door, but God is in the house already, and He has chosen me. Sickness may intrude, but I have a great Healer ready - God has chosen me. Whatever befalls me, I know that He has "chosen" me.

As the three Hebrew children stood in the fiery furnace (Dan 3), the Lord stood amongst them as a cloak shielding them from the flames. We too must draw from the same hope and promise that we are His chosen/adopted children as well. Our Lord dwelt in the lives and dwellings of the impoverished both physically and spiritually. Be cautious in desiring to improve your conditions out of a desire for comfort, you may end up thinking you don’t have a need for the True and only Comforter (Lam 1:16).

Through flood and flames, where Jesus’ lead, I will follow… HSAY


No comments:

Post a Comment