Monday, April 4, 2016

Daily Wisdom

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Isa 43:2

James Taylor hit song “Fire and Rain” alludes to life’s storms one faces; claiming “I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain.”  Sometimes God calms the storms raging around us and other times He lets the storm rage and calms His child.  You can find His calming peace knowing the fire within you burns brighter than the fire around you…Heb 12:29 “For our God is a consuming fire.”  Don’t fear your storms, fear being a part of something that can be explained by your own power and ability. Rather be a part of something, even a storm where its result can only be explained by the power of God.  Remember faith doesn’t wait on understanding or proof; in that case it wouldn’t be faith. Question is: Would you rather go through a storm with Jesus or sail in calm waters alone?

PRAYER: “Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders; Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander; and my faith be made stronger in the presence of my saviour.”


HSAY…Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment