Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Daily Wisdom

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Heb 13:5

It’s said “You get what you get and don’t pitch a fit!” I remember a friend showing me a new car he had recently purchased, to which he stated it was the car he had always dreamed of.  Interesting enough I ran into him less than a year later and you guessed it; he was driving a new car again.  Is that not life today, I got to have it until I find something better!  Lack of contentment in one’s life fuels impulsive, emotional and temporal thinking.  It is said, contentment is a natural and healthy wealth; luxury is artificial poverty. Contentment does not mean or require one to be without prayers, but it does mean that one’s joy and peace is not based one’s prayers being answered.  God often may answer NO! It’s then one will be able to determine their own level of contentment in their soul.  Many claims are made concerning the lives one would live and the deeds they would do, if only they were better circumstances.  Moses was called to deliver and birth a nation with only a rod and he opened parted a sea with it.  David had only five pebbles and yet with God brought down Goliath. The widowed woman was able to pay all her debts with just a minuscule amount of oil and God. The most glorious and powerful deeds don’t require the wealth of men, but only the abundance God.  Where is your “Contentment”, is it found in the resources of this world or in the promises and strength of the Lord?  “…The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear”; “…for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” (Heb 13:6; Phil 4:11)

You’ll never know what enough is until you know what’s more than enough.


HSAY…Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment