Thursday, September 20, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Luk 15:17 “And when he came to himself (18) I will arise and go to my father …”

These two excerpts from (Lk 15:17-18) some up the whole matter when it comes to man’s separation from the Father.

I’m not a runner.  I liked cardio training but couldn’t endure just running, I was prone to run too far out, meaning if I ran say 5 miles out I realized I had to run 5 miles to get back. There were times when I felt I was doing well, and I ran too far, and thought I’d never make it back.

Point being: Fortunately, with God you can never run so far that you can’t make it back!

The prodigal son makes this clear. Yet we must notice the son’s first step in returning to the Father. The son didn’t increase his work/s to get in better shape. He simply “came to himself.” The son had become mentally deranged from the Father’s will. The Greek phrase “came to himself” implies a kindred mind-set, unity in thought. We change our thinking to the Father’s.

The beauty is the Father who is always prepared, ran to the son upon seeing his return! There’s a beautiful song titled “When God Ran” by Phillips, Craig & Dean:

He ran to me,
He took me in His arms,
Held my head to His chest,
Said "My son's come home again!"
Lifted my face,
Wiped the tears from my eyes,
With forgiveness in His voice He said
"Son, do you know I still love You?"

Running can be great for us if we’re running in the right direction with the right mind. Maybe your mind-set is deranged from the Father’s, that’s not fatal and is easily fixable. Just “come to yourself” change your thinking and bring into unity, kindred to the Father’s, and He’ll be prepared to run to you and meet you where you are!

Stop believing the lies of the enemy that there’s no way back! The Father’s ears and eyes are on you, just “come to yourself” and He’ll come to you!

It’s not about the distance you’ve run that matters, it’s the direction you’ve running in!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment