Thursday, September 27, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Psa 34:18 “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”

We read our verse and yet, it can feel as if the Lord is a million miles away.

As the deep aches of grief and guilt surface and the tears run down my cheek, they bring with them the question of how could I have changed this situation?  Longing to be able to change it by any means necessary, but the pain burrows in and the daily frustrations wear the soul down.

These are not comfortable feelings and thoughts. Pain and grief are never comfortable. It’s human nature to want to pull in, away from the world. To want to go silent, keep to myself all the thoughts I dare to shout out loud.

Running from it. Numbing it. I distract myself.

Yet, the loving voice of God says that he is close. He is there to comfort me, he has rescued me.  Some answers we will never know this side of Heaven. The pain may have to be my cross to bear the rest of my days, but I must find comfort because I’m not carrying it alone.

Psa 56:8 is a beautiful verse, the Lord captures every tear I shed and bottles them… Even in my deepest sorrow, God cares!

He promises to be "close to the brokenhearted" and my source of power, courage, and wisdom, helping me through my trials. Don’t let your lack of ability to feel His presence fatigue you, know His promises. Sometimes he chooses to deliver us through our situation and not from it.

Often our greatest ministry will come out of our greatest pain.

I do my best to lean into the pain and not run from it, I’m promised on the other side is peace!

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment