Saturday, September 29, 2018

Daily Wisdom


Jn 9:1 “And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?  Jesus answered, neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.”

It’s interesting to see the illusions that offer two images in the same picture (Old Woman – Young Girl). That’s often an accurate interpretation when it comes to life when looking at the hurting and evil around us.

Depending on my perspective, I’ll either find purpose or pain. 

When I hurt physically I understand there is something that needs to be addressed or corrected.  The pain is purposeful and helpful despite the discomfort and pain I must endure.

The disciples decided to focus on the hurt and sin instead of seeing the picture of God working through it. I can do the same thing. Why did God allow this to happen in my life?  I must stop focusing on the “disease” and should focus on the cure that is in Jesus.

Stop looking for something to blame and start looking for God in praise!

I can’t be blinded by the problem pain brings, instead of seeing God’s glory displayed through it.  If not, like the disciples I’ll miss out on the wonderful works of the Lord.  Knowing in the worst of pain, “God’s glorious works should be manifest in it.”

I often think of Joseph (Gen 50) when facing painful and difficult problems. The darkest of evil was perpetrated by his brothers, and yet God turned the pain into a glorious work that even blessed the evil who were responsible.

Sometimes the greatest pain inflicted upon those around me, as well as myself, can manifest the greatest blessing. I must choose the right perspective, I can focus on the hurt or the Healer!

The right perspective keeps me from living in the shadows of yesterday and allows me to walk in the light of today and the promised hope of tomorrow.

HSAY… Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment