Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Daily Wisdom

'Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.’ Jn 16:7

Have you ever wondered how Jesus’s absence could be an advantage to us?  What “Helper” could possibly be better than Jesus’s perfect, powerful presence and witness with his people on the earth?  I can only imagine that this question was going through his disciples’ minds when Jesus announced that he was leaving them (vs 5-6). What advantage would it be to them for the Messiah to leave, when his mission was not yet complete, and to send them as his replacements?

Jesus knew his absence would be a huge advantage, not only for his closest disciples.  Jesus knew His power within Him existed in and through the Holy Spirit; illustrating clearly, it’s not who is “with”, but who is “within “you that matters most. The physical presence of Jesus is beyond imagination, but the presence of the Holy Spirit within you is even greater, and Jesus knew that. Stating ‘those who believe in me, greater works than these will he do’ (Jn 14:12).

Don’t be distracted by needing to experience the emotional presence of Jesus, when you have the greater promise and power with (within) you… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment