Friday, March 19, 2021

Daily Wisdom

 “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me.” Mk 5:7

In this passage the demon screamed at Jesus, "Why are you interfering with me?" It was a shriek of defense, and rebellion against God. No one today would like to admit to being demon possessed or even persuaded, but most of our society, like the demon, is screaming at God, the church, and Christian values, "Why are you interfering with me? – translates to, “Get out of my life!" 

When people reject or refuse Jesus and his authority, they put themselves on the side of the demons and are heading in the same direction. Every person must ask: Will I choose autonomy and self-will leading to my own spiritual destruction, or will I choose Christ's loving leadership over my life, giving me favour, healing, joy, peace, strength, and true freedom? 

The measure in which we are filled with Christ will be directly related to how empty we are of self… HSAY


No comments:

Post a Comment