Thursday, September 1, 2022

Daily Wisdom

 “… there was silence, and I heard a voice. (Job 4:16; 1 Kgs 19:12)

Here we find Job, like Elijah, in a state of silence where there appears a still small voice. This hit home for me - just last night, late after church, I sat in the empty sanctuary alone in the dark with God. But no great revelation or peace came from it. Yet this morning I read (Job 4) and I realize why I didn’t experience God last night in the way I was longing - “I never shut my mouth.”  Instead, my inner voice was non-stop within me during this intimate time with God. I don’t know if I can speak for you as well,  but I believe/know many times I/we miss God’s voice because He can’t get a word in edgewise. “Be STILL and know that I am God” there’s the inner conflict, “be still” - that means shut up and listen. I was more intent on being sure God heard me, that I never heard Him! Turn life’s volume off and be still in silence, God’s not going to scream above your noise.

No surprise that I was able to hear from God this morning, once I shut up and used my eyes to hear His Words… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment