Friday, September 30, 2022

Daily Wisdom

 Jer 31:3 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

No sooner do we believe that God loves us that we can garner an impulse to believe that He does so, not because He is Love, but because we are intrinsically lovable.  Far be it from us to think that we have virtues for which God could love us. Bunyan says, "I thought there was no man in England that pleased God better than I with my service." Which often contributes and leads to our lack of humility in thinking that even in our times of repentance it somehow affords us God’s admiration. Yet, we must remember and acknowledge that we are mirrors whose brightness, if any, is wholly derived only from the Son that shines upon us.

Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but of the greatest of promises given… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment