Thursday, September 29, 2022

Daily Wisdom

 Rev 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

The movement in our relationship to Jesus is always from Jesus to us. Always! We can't, through our piety or goodness, move closer to Him. Jesus is always coming near to us, SoS 7:10 “I am my beloved’s, and his desire is for me.” Meaning, our success in moving closer to Jesus isn’t based on our love for Him, rather His greater love for us! To be able to affirm these words, “I am my beloved’s,” is to participate in the heights of Christology, and the riches of the gospel. Though the gospel cannot be privatized, it must definitely be personalized. We must answer and respond to His greater love that’s continually knocking on our heart. We must understand, Jesus isn’t breaking and entering, He’s knocking and waiting for our reception… He’s at the door!

Your relationship with Jesus isn’t based on your invitation, but rather your reception… HSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment