Friday, September 9, 2022

Daily Wisdom

 2Co 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

The worth of oneself in Jesus is the essence of the whole moral problem and the epitome of a Christ honoring life. That I feed the hungry, forgive an insult, love my enemy - all these are great virtues. But what if I should discover that the least among them all, the poorest in spirit, the most impudent of all the offenders, the very enemy himself - is within me, and that I stand in need of my own kindness - that I am the enemy who must be loved, what then? As a rule, the Christian's attitude is then reversed. Yet, I hide it from the world; refusing to admit ever having met this least among the lowly in myself. The Bible is very easy to understand, but the Christians can be a scheming swindler. Pretending to be unable to understand it because they know very well that the minute it’s truly understood, they are obliged to the accountability to Jesus and self.

Nobody's perfect. Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him… HSAY 


No comments:

Post a Comment